Have a Great Day!
Questions for Tomo:
1. What kind of bike do you like to ride?
I am on WATANABE (NJS) now. I have got TREK Mountain Bike of ‘90s recently. I will make it overhauled and ride. So that I am talking to SAL for his best advice.
2. What is Manila Books & Gift?
Specialty in zines and artist goods. The shop keeper loves SF very much!
3. Where is Nagoya?
Situated between Tokyo and Osaka. Mid city. World tours by music bands quite often travel to Osaka from Tokyo without any staging here.Local Nagoyaites claim it as Nagoya-skipping.
4. You mentioned that you were in SF last year. What did you do?
I was filling my mouth with banh mi at Saigon Sandwich at tenderloin everyday. I also had a latte at Philz Coffee at Mission and watched the big tree on the wall. I met many great artists. Casey and Kappy to name a few.
5. How did you start riding a bike?
Well, I can’t recall how and when. It was so bad that local schools issued ‘a bicycle riding license’ for kids and school teachers were busy chasing us. That was just a fuss those days. It is just after watching the first MASH that I got started to ride the fixed.
6. Do you meet a lot of people through the messenger community?
Yep. Somebody unknown from the community friendly speaks to me. People talk to me for an interview like you and me doing now..
7. Do you like to ride fast?
Slow. Really at my slow speed.
8. You mentioned that you met Pedro when you were in SF. Do you think he has a nice smile?
You say he smiles? Haven’t seen him to do so yet. Very cool is just my impression. I can recall him speak so nicely in a low voice. But I see Pedro smile a bit on Loop Magazine. I want to see him smile next time.
9. How many Daisy Grocery Donuts can you eat in one sitting?
I take as many and all I can eat. So delicious.
10. Does Manila Books & Gift sell online?
It is not a shop online. But I can sell on Instagram if you contact me at IG:@manilabookgift Anywhere on the globe. Actually I shipped a lot of SF zines to Austria last month.
11. Do you have any advice for SF?
Really wish SF will not change. Stay what you are. Don’t go anywhere. I believe it is totally a perfect town for me at all.
12. Is there anything more that you would like to share with Cognition readers?
When coming to visit Japan, stop passing Nagoya! Put it first on your itinerary when you will be attending CMWC 2022.
1592 Market St, San Francisco, CA 94102, United States